Many people struggle with sleep, and bedtime can be a difficult time. It’s important to take care of yourself and create a bedtime routine to help you sleep better. A bedtime routine will not only improve the quality of your sleep, but it also offers several other benefits! In this blog post we’ll discuss five benefits that come from having a bedtime routine.
- Improved Sleep Quality – By having a routine your overall quality of sleep will be much better. You will fall asleep faster and sleep deeper, giving you more energy during the day.
- Better mood – A better-rested person typically will be in a better mood throughout the day. Sleep deprivation can cause irritability and mood swings.
- Increased creativity – Research suggests that when we sleep our brains integrate memories with recent experiences to consolidate long-term memory storage in the hippocampus, which helps us learn new information and form creative ideas. Since bedtime routines help you fall asleep faster and sleep deeper, your brain will have more time for dreaming and creation.
- Health for both body and mind – People who consistently do bedtime routines are more likely to have healthier lives. By just being more conscious of your nighttime routine you are more likely to look at all of your daily habits and start improving them.
- Improved memory – According to the National Sleep Foundation, sleep deprivation can lead to forgetfulness, which means you’ll have trouble remembering how to get home or what you ate for breakfast that morning! So by having a routine and getting a better sleep you will be improving your memory!
It can be tough to find time for yourself in today’s busy world, but it is so important. A nightly bedtime routine can not only improve the quality of your sleep, but also offer several other benefits! Here are just five reasons why you should try a bedtime routine tonight. If getting ready for bed isn’t something that comes naturally to you or if you’re struggling with insomnia and need some help calming down before bed, we have all of your bedtime essentials online and in-store. Get started with these 5 steps to start feeling refreshed tomorrow morning!